Why NFL Fantasy Guide?

WE ARE SORRY: Due to the overwhelming time it takes to keep up with Fantasy Stats, I am no longer creating up to date draft lists and such on this blog.

However, I would like to remind you that the articles are for the most part still good advice to keep to heart when playing Fantasy Football.



NFL Fantasy Guide
Questions

Often in the preseason, there are questions about players. Injuries, position battles and anything that might effect the Fantasy Football Player Rankings. Here I will address some of them.

NFL Fantasy Guide Articles

Please, feel free to read the following articles. Even some of the most experienced Fantasy Football owners might learn something. With over 15 years of fantasy sports experience I assure you, these articles are written from experience filled with trial and error as well as success.

Fantasy Football Draft: Basic Rules to Follow

Which Player Ranks #1 in Fantasy Football?

A Theory on Keeper League Rankings

Fantasy Football Season Waivers and Trades

The NFL Preseason Cannot Be Trusted

The 2nd Worst Week in Football


12/06/2009

Sometimes It Just Comes Down to Luck

One thing about fantasy football is that however well you draft, however great you trade and work the waivers, however many points you score, it often just comes down to plain old dumb luck! In my case it is often bad luck!

I am in a league with my brothers and friends. It is a keeper league and this is the 8th year of it. A few years ago I was the highest scoring team in the league and did not make the play-offs. Four teams of the twelve go to the play-offs and even though no team scored more points overall than my team did, I had the fifth best record. Bad teams happened to have their best weeks against me.

The next year, I had the third highest scoring team. Again, I did not make the play-offs.

This year I am in four leagues all together. Three in ESPN and one in CBS. In the CBS league, 6 teams make the play-offs. My team was the third highest scoring team and did not make the play-offs. In an ESPN free public league, I am the 2nd highest scoring team and I need to win this week while two other teams lose for my team to make the play-offs. In the league with my brothers and friends, the opposite might happen. Due to some bad luck, I am the 7th highest scoring team of the 12. Yet if one team loses and I win this week, I will make the play-offs.

My last league is a new and 2nd league that my brothers and different friends created just this year. It is the first year of a keeper league. My team is the highest scoring team and in 1st place with a 10-2 record.

So of my four teams, three of them are in the leaders of scoring points and only one of those are a lock to make the play-offs. The one team that had a bad year has the best chance (outside of the 1st place team) to make the play-offs.

However good your team is, plain old dumb luck still takes a factor. Your one bad week may come against a team you need to beat. The worst teams in the league may have their one great week when they play your team. There is never a guarantee that your team will make the play-offs. All you can do is prepare as much as you can, draft as good as you can, work the waivers as well as you can and then just pray you have half way decent luck.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I Am an American - message

Forgive me for displaying something that has nothing to do with this blog. As an American who cares about his country, I feel strongly that I need to leave a link to this article.

I Am an American

I feel America is in some real trouble and I ask anyone else who cares about America to read this article. Whether you are Democrat or Republican or Independent, this article is not for or against you. It is there to wake us up to use our wisdom.