Why NFL Fantasy Guide?

WE ARE SORRY: Due to the overwhelming time it takes to keep up with Fantasy Stats, I am no longer creating up to date draft lists and such on this blog.

However, I would like to remind you that the articles are for the most part still good advice to keep to heart when playing Fantasy Football.



NFL Fantasy Guide
Questions

Often in the preseason, there are questions about players. Injuries, position battles and anything that might effect the Fantasy Football Player Rankings. Here I will address some of them.

NFL Fantasy Guide Articles

Please, feel free to read the following articles. Even some of the most experienced Fantasy Football owners might learn something. With over 15 years of fantasy sports experience I assure you, these articles are written from experience filled with trial and error as well as success.

Fantasy Football Draft: Basic Rules to Follow

Which Player Ranks #1 in Fantasy Football?

A Theory on Keeper League Rankings

Fantasy Football Season Waivers and Trades

The NFL Preseason Cannot Be Trusted

The 2nd Worst Week in Football


8/16/2009

Denver Broncos Fantasy Players

Quarterback - Kyle Orton - (Position Rank - 15)
(Passing) 3,300 Yards, 20 TD, 13 IT, 25 Sacks
(Rushing) 50 Yards, 2 TD, 4 Fumbles
Okay, it is obvious that Orton is not as talented as Cutler. Everyone, his brother and illegitimate sons have already stated as much. The thing to remember however, is that now Orton has more to work with than he ever had in Chicago.

Running Back - Knowshon Moreno - (Position Rank -30)
(Rushing) 900 Yards, 8 TD, 2 Fumbles
(Receiving) 20 Catches, 60 Yards, 0 TD
Right now, Buckhalter is the starter. Everyone expects that Moreno will end up the starter before the season begins. Even so, Corell Buckhalter might be worth taking in later rounds because I still expect him to get some work each week.

Wide Receiver - Eddie Royal - (Position Rank - 14)
(Receiving) 100 Catches, 1,100 Yards, 7 TD, 1 Fumble
As a rookie, Royal caught 91 passes and had 980 yards. Some think that his numbers will drop this year because he lost Cutler and he wont surprise defenses this year. I think that if the defenses were still surprised in the last few weeks of the season, they will stay that way. I also think that Denver will be playing catch up this year and will need to pass an aweful lot. I also believe that Orton will remember that Marshall wanted Cutler and wanted to leave the team. I also believe that the presence of Marshall will serve to keep Royal open.

Wide Receiver - Brandon Marshall - (Position Rank - 16)
(Receiving) 85 Catches, 1,150 Yards, 6 TD, 2 Fumbles
Sometimes I want to think I am being generous to rank Marshall so high. He is not a happy camper and is coming off of hip surgery. Then I see that I am ranking him very close to how other experts are and it makes me think I have it right. Trust this ranking, but be prepared to let him slide further down if he does not regain his speed.

Tight End - Tony Scheffler - (Position Rank - 13)
(Receiving) 45 Catches, 650 Yards, 4 TD, 1 Fumbles
The only reason Scheffler should make your team is if a few of the owners take two tight ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Am an American - message

Forgive me for displaying something that has nothing to do with this blog. As an American who cares about his country, I feel strongly that I need to leave a link to this article.

I Am an American

I feel America is in some real trouble and I ask anyone else who cares about America to read this article. Whether you are Democrat or Republican or Independent, this article is not for or against you. It is there to wake us up to use our wisdom.